5. Do your own work! Do not use other people's intellectual property without their permission. It is a violation of copyright law to copy and paste other's thoughts and pass them off as your own. When paraphrasing another's idea(s) be sure to cite your source with the URL. It is good practice to hyperlink your sources.
6. Be aware that pictures may also be protected under copyright laws. Verify you have permission to use the image.
7. How you represent yourself online is an extension of yourself. Do not misrepresent yourself by using someone else's identity.
8. Blog and wiki posts should be well written. Follow writing conventions including proper grammar, capitalization, and punctuation. If you edit someone else's work be sure it is in the spirit of improving the writing.
9. If you run across inappropriate material that makes you feel uncomfortable, or is not respectful, tell your teacher right away.
10. Students who do not abide by these terms and conditions may lose their opportunity to take part in the project and/or access to future use of online tools
EDEN SCHOOL SONG
Sweet Eden School so dear to me
Than all on earth beside
Our hearts now turn with hope to Thee
Our own dear Eden School.
Eden School! Blessed School! (2X)
Our hearts now turn with hope to Thee,
Our own dear Eden School.
Oh may our teachers here unfold
An education true
And then at last reach Heaven’s goal
In this dear Eden School
Access to Internet is made available to students, teachers, and staff of Eden SDA High School. The goal is to promote educational excellence by facilitating research, resources sharing, innovation and communication. The Internet is to be used in support of research and education and consistent with the educational objectives of the school. Remember that internet use is a privilege, NOT a right. All internet transactions are monitored by the server.
Each new student of Eden is provided with a login name and password which provide access to the many IT facilities within the school. Your account is set up on the first session of Information Technology class. Your login name and password are for your personal use only and must not be used to permit any other person to gain access to the school network or its attached resources. Your password and username should last you for as long as you attend the high school (normally, 4 years). Please do not forget it. You can always change the password at any given time.
Unacceptable Internet use will consist of, but not be limited to the following:
A. Transmitting, accessing, printing, downloading or uploading any material which might be deemed pornographic, obscene, sexually explicit, indecent or vulgar;
B. Transmitting, accessing, printing, downloading or uploading any material which might be deemed abusive, hateful, degrading, demeaning, derogatory or defamatory;
C. Vandalizing, damaging, disabling or gaining unauthorized access to another person's property, file, data, or materials;
D. Vandalizing, damaging, disabling or gaining unauthorized access to district- or building- owned computer systems, files, data or programs;
E. Accessing, printing, downloading or uploading personal web pages;
F. Engaging in any commercial or business activity;
G. On-line game playing;
H. Printing, downloading or uploading information from a personal flash drive without permission;
I. Using social networking website during school hours;
J. Chat rooms
K. A fine will be charged to any student who vandalizes or damages any lab property.
Please note that NO student is allowed to use the computer lab during break or lunch. After classes the lab may be used for research, provided that a teacher is present to supervise.
The network administrator may, if necessary, review files to keep the system up and running. Users should not expect that files stored on the server will always be private.